Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Power of the Ponytail


Go Ally!

Cross Country season has officially started! The first meet was at Lindo Lake in Lakeside. Walk out our door, cross the street, and we are there... sure beats some of those long drives to meets throughout the season.




This race was almost two miles. Ally did good -- she said she didn't hold back and gave it all she had. She was feeling sick on Sunday. I think all the running in the heat has caught up. There is a practice scheduled tomorrow, but since it's Labor Day, and we still have a few things to get for school, she probably won't make it to practice.

We are pretty much finished up with the supply shopping and clothes. We had her back to school meeting and met all the teachers, went to all the classes, and all that wonderful stuff that I can't wait to do each year. We followed a shortened class schedule, with bells. The bell was so loud I almost punched someone when I was standing right under it and it went off. In another of her classes I was sitting by a pipe and everytime the toilet flushed, you could hear it... ha!

Had a great week... Chris and I went out for sushi and ran into my boss. We had an "impromptu business dinner," and he paid for ours. That was nice. Then I got a bonus the next day also. That will help pay for Ally and my tickets to Michigan in November. I was telling this to my sister, Kathy, and she said "Your boss buys you dinner and gives you a bonus; my boss gave me the leftover carrots and celery out of his lunch yesterday." I laughed my head off at that and so did my boss when I told him.

Took a long nap today and am getting ready for a hectic schedule starting on Tuesday. Drove down to Mariner's Point and took a few more pics to appeal my parking ticket. We'll see how that goes.

It's a little cooler today -- about 87 degrees. I hope the heat wave is over. We are sick of it... SICK OF IT, I say!
Saw this bumper sticker on a truck in front of me at a stop light and took a pic... haven't seen that before!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment