Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fun in the Sun

A busy week with all kinds of stuff going on. You can tell because my house is a disaster area -- no time to take care of stuff. Maybe tomorrow...

It has been a hot, hot week with most days well over 100 degrees. Just trying to stay cool and hydrated. Poor Ally running every day. Fortunately her practices this week have been at 6 p.m., but it was still 93 degrees at 8 p.m. on Friday night. I think it's supposed to start cooling off some tomorrow.

We went to my company picnic at Soak City yesterday. I spent most of the time floating around in an innertube on the Lazy River. We made a chain of about 50 innertubes at one point. It was a lot of fun, and we had chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn-on-the-cob, biscuits, potato salad, pasta salad, ceasar salad, and frozen lemonades all included. But, of course, that wasn't enough, so later in the day we bought funnel cake, fries, and nachos. Yeah, didn't count points and won't be recording any weight loss this week. Bummer -- but you have to live once in awhile!






Only the tops of my knees are burnt where my shorts scraped the sunscreen off getting in and out of the innertube. I felt so awful by the time I went to bed last night, though, that I thought I was getting the flu or something. I musta woke up 20 times last night thinking I had chills or whatnot... but I realized today I must have had heat or sun exhaustion. I didn't realize how hot out it was with all the water rides, etc. I felt 100% better today though, and that's good since I'm getting ready to head down to the beach for baptisms and volleyball.

School starts in a week, and we have some shopping left to do for supplies and clothes. It will be good to get back on a schedule, but Ally's schedule is jammed packed, and her classes are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with cross country practice at 4 p.m. Fortunately her classes are only Tuesday through Thursday with home schooling on Monday and Friday. Otherwise, I don't know how she could do it. She has three honors classes with extra work as well.

I made a candy heart package this week for our Youth Pastor and his fiance, Michael and Denise, who had a wedding shower on Friday. It was fun and turned out pretty good -- caramels and nestle crunch type hearts. He told me today he ate half of them already.

We took Bree out for her birthday to Case de Pico and had Mexican food and fried ice cream. Well, I was good so I didn't have the fried ice cream, but had a 12 point enchilada plate. I am sooo glad restaurants these days have healthy choices, and a lot of them publish nutrition information even right on the menu.


The big news around here is the Chula Vista Little Leaguers who are playing the World Series right now. The Padres are old news, and they were described on ESPN yesterday as a "glorified farm team." Grrrr. Chris is supposedly watching the little league game on TV, but he is, in fact, sleeping on the couch. I'll wake him up before I head out to the beach...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment