Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Weekend to Myself


Ally got really sick after VBS with a sore throat and bad cold. Soon as she was better, she was off with friends and to a youth overnighter, so I won't see her until Sunday. I had Friday and today to pretty much do what I want which was rest, play on the computer, catch up on reading, go to the gym, and drink Starbucks. Great weekend so far!

My cousin Ethel, the oldest person in Ohio at 111 years old, passed away this week. She was the 32nd oldest person in the world. She was my Great Great Aunt Mandy's daughter. My Aunt Mandy lived to be 104! Maybe I'll have some of those lucky genes passed on to me -- the males in my family, not so lucky. Ethel said she liked the saying "Respect your elders." Because she didn't have to respect anyone. HA!
This week Chris and I are going to see the Mets play the Padres on Thursday night. The tickets were Chris' Father's Day gift. We are four rows behind the Met's dugout, so watch for us on TV!



I added a bunch of pics on Facebook, here's one I scanned of us both with longer hair -- about 20 years ago! I started a ticker at the top of the page... I set a goal to lose 21 pounds and have been doing great so far -- eating well and going to the gym. I have lost six pounds this week, but my official weigh in and posting will be on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment