Sunday, August 23, 2009

Keepin' On


Just normal stuff this week...

Ally has started serious training for Cross Country running a couple miles a day, soon to be more. We purchased her first pair of racing flats on Saturday. She wore regular running shoes all last season, mainly because we didn't feel like spending the money if she wasn't going to stick with it. Now she's good to go -- maybe cut her time in half... ha! She didn't care about the fit as much as how they looked, of course. The shoe guy got her size down first, which took too long for her then got her a pair of pink and purple ones, which she was happy about. She was not happy when he had her in an aqua pair because her uniform is purple. We had to talk her into getting the size first, then worry about the color... such a teenage girl! I don't care how it fits, as long as it looks good...

I went up see Nicky Pena last night up at Amazing Faith Wesleyan. She is a missionary in Puebla, Mexico. It was good to catch up and we all went out for pizza after. Then, on the way home from Poway, I was very close to home and saw a bright light in the sky. Thought it was a plane, it went a few seconds then fizzled out. A pretty bright meteor, especially with all the lights around.

Yes, I made more candy this week... in fact, my first paying job. Not that I was looking for one, but I was asked to make 16 small boxes for a wedding rehearsal dinner. They turned out good if I do say so, I of course had to sample them to make sure they were okay. Vicki told me they were a hit, so that's good. I also visited a candy supply store I hadn't been to in Chula Vista this week, Standlees. It has some stuff my regular supply store didn't, so I purchased a few items, mainly tray inserts for boxes of candy, and a new mold that makes tiny chocolate cups you can eat (see the raspberries below). Very tasty!



A great blessing this week, with Chris being transferred out to Campo since the agent got killed out there, he had been driving to Imperial Beach every night (about 30 to 40 minutes), then all the way back toward our house and out to Campo (another hour or so), then repeating it in reverse after work. Now they gave him a government car, and he can just go straight to Campo from our house. Cuts off time, and we don't have to pay for the gas, so that's a double blessing! It's a new Red Ford Explorer, just 3,000 miles on it. It has hidden emergency lights, speaker system, and a siren. The girls already want to use it to drive around in... but no! Now the only problem is we're running out of parking spaces around here...

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Love the story about Ally's shoes LOL

    You are doing a great job with the candy! What peaked your interest in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie- I received one of those boxes of candy and allow myself ONE each night. So far I've had the crunch one and caramel one, although I'm not sure if it was caramel b/c I ate it so fast!! The chocolate is so creamy!! You did an excellent job... truly talented! -Alison

    ReplyDelete