Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How Much is Enough?

Soapbox Alert:  I can't believe Obama is saying that the reason we are so much in debt is because we aren't taxed enough.  Heeeelllllooooooo?!  Having been a taxpayer for many, many years and having worked for a small business for many years and seeing how much money small business pays the government, I have to say that I think the reason we are so much in debt is because we are spending too much.  DURRRRRR.  Okay, moving on...

We are paying $4.10 per gallon for gas here... $70 to fill-up my Odyssey and $40 for my Civic.  Can I just say how glad I am that we traded in Chris's truck for the Civic the last time gas prices went over $4.00 per gallon????

We attended a birthday party and baby shower for some friends and was surprised to see Pastor Ed, our friend and pastor from Magnolia Wesleyan for many years, had come down from Camarillo.  I worked on boards and staff with him for probably ten years.  So good to see him and catch up.  Here's Chris and me at the party.


The remodel is for the most part finished.  Will try to post photos soon.  Ally deleted all my "before" pics, so I am bummed about that, but at least it's finished.  Still have some touch-ups and some crown moulding to go in... but I'm not holding my breath.  At least there is no clutter anymore.

Ally is on a five day road trip with her friend's family visiting four colleges in Arizona and Colorado.  I gave her my iPad to take to keep them entertained.  Missing it!  Especially at the gym on the treadmill.  Had to watch Dr. Phil while at the gym yesterday and, of course, the earphone connection wasn't working so had to read the words on the screen.  Blech.

Amy is working a second job for a month while still attending school as well.  The job is to promote the new Nintendo 3DS with is their dual screen hand-held gaming system which is 3D without the need for glasses.  Pretty cool.  She works at Fashion Valley Mall and it pays $20 per hour!  We went to visit, here's some pics.  The game system is $250.00 so I think not.  Although I am asking for a Wii for my birthday:)




Loved this photo of a "taco" -- it's really just a pizza with taco toppings.  Looks good -- wonder how many points that baby is?



My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment