Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Down 'n Dirty

My place may not be spic and span all the time, but one thing I can't abide is clutter and messes.  Which is why I came very close to shedding tears yesterday.  I am very excited about the remodeling going on at our place right now, but it does something inside my brain when there are messes everywhere.  I know it will all be worth it, but seriously I think my brain short-circuits when I can't find things and there is disorganization.  I felt better after a good night's rest.  I have forced myself not to do too much at a time getting things back in order.


That said, the place is looking great.  The laminate floors are in (which I didn't realize would make the place so cold!), baseboards pretty much in, ceilings scraped and retextured, painting is almost finished, area rug in, and new blinds installed.  Lighting, fans, and rewiring are 90 percent finished.  The crown moulding remains to be installed and a punch list about 20 items long including assembling two new bookcases and a chair.  The sofa is still missing two legs -- picked up some at Home Depot as a temporary fix.  I feel like I have been at Lowes and Home Depot every day for a month.  I changed my mind on the blinds three times.  Good thing it's easy to return stuff.

That's all work in the downstairs.  Upstairs will have to be remodeled another year.  I can't take it.  Well, the ceilings are finished upstairs and girl's rooms are done except new flooring.  The rest can wait.  I still want to remodel the bathroom and fireplace downstairs, but I'm not crapping money, people.



This always makes me feel better...


Highway 52 is opening this weekend.  We had a grand opening party on the freeway and had a lot of fun. Ally kissed the freeway, so she could say she did it.  There was a three mile walk/run on the freeway.  The new road will connect East County to the shore.  We are very excited as we had to travel through Santee prior to this, which can add 10 to 20 minutes to your trip depending on how you hit the lights.  Now we can skip Santee altogether!




My Sig

1 comment:

  1. Connie, I see you on Facebook but I LOVE seeing your blog posts. I don't know what the difference is, maybe a blog is more info than a status update. But I love it!

    ReplyDelete