Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Wonders Never Cease

When we first got iPods a few years ago (yes, it took us while to get onboard), my friend Thelma inadvertently called mine an iPad.  We thought that was the funniest thing and started calling them iPads until... yes, until they actually came out with an iPad.  We think she should get royalties for that name!

Well, I got a text from my mom the other day that would be the last text I'd ever expect to get from her.  Just the fact that she's texting is amazing in itself.  She will be 70 next year.  I just stared at the text for a few minutes not fully comprehending... it read, "I just bought an iPad."  So immediately all my iPad advice bubbles up, since I've had one for about a year now.  One of the things I texted her was, "You might want to get the camera connection, it makes it easy to upload your photos directly, and you can insert your SD card directly into the connector."  Her response was one word which pretty well sums up her computer savvy... "Huh?"  ROFL -- I might need to take a quick weekend trip to Ohio to give iPad training.

My house is a mess right now.  The ceilings are scraped and half the lighting is out.  Next is rewiring the lighting, texturing the ceilings, install crown moulding, paint computer room, install blinds, install flooring, install base moulding, replace outlets and switches.  Can't wait -- but how long I ask, how long?

We finally went out for Amy's 21st birthday celebration at The Melting Pot in La Jolla.  Very fun, very good, and very expensive.  Probably the most we have ever paid for dinner for the four of us.  It is a fondue restaurant, and you cook all the food at your table.  There are cheeses to dip, pots to boil, and for dessert -- goodies and different chocolate fondues.  Will definitely go back -- I think they have early bird specials and $20 days on Thursday evenings.




This is what happens when you throw cinnamon in a fire?


I made these S'mores tarts this weekend.  A take on a Pampered Chef recipe.  Tasty!


Chris and I are going to Ruth's Chris Steak House tomorrow to celebrate our December anniversary.  We are a little behind the times... we were so busy with the holidays, we didn't go out for our usual celebration.  I better start perusing the menu online...

My Uncle sent me this photo from Ohio.  I guess he left the whirly-gig up through the winter... thought it looked pretty cool.  I'm surprised it didn't fall down.


My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment