Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Counting Our Blessings

We have so much to be thankful for.  The news is filled with the devastation in Japan.  I was watching videos today of reunions of people who found their loved ones after thinking the worst.  Brought tears to my eyes.  It makes the headlines from the United States lately seem trivial -- almost shameful.  One thing Ally pointed out to me was that you don't see headlines about looting going on all over in Japan.  Maybe the devastation was too great, maybe they care too much about their fellow countrymen, or maybe it doesn't make the news.

Well, here's my trivial stuff that's been happening this week...

Broke my finger playing volleyball almost two weeks ago and didn't know it was broken until I finally went to the doctor.  They would have cast it had I come right in, but since it's been almost two weeks, I have to use this splint for another week and then tape it for two more weeks after that.  Typing is so fun!


Yesterday I was sitting at my fave place, Starbucks, and the ceiling decides at that moment to start leaking right on my head.  After two drips I realized that no, someone is not spitting at me or shaking water on me.  By the time we left it was dripping into a bucket from several spots.  Hmmmmm... SAVE THE STARBUCKS!

Chris and I did finally make it to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner.  Man, these are the biggest, best shrimp ever!  They are big enough to be a tiny lobster!  Chris' steak was the best, as usual.  Of course, for $42 just for the steak and not even any sides, it better be.  We eat here once a year and that's why!  Totally worth it, though.


View from the restaurant -- I love living in San Diego!


On Sunday we went to The Yogurt Mill.  Any local will tell you it's the best soft serve yogurt around.  They don't skimp on the yorgurt or the toppings.  Mine is the one in the middle -- it's the junior size.  I forgot to order the child's size (see others) so I ate it for three days.  Mine was vanilla with cookie dough bites, which they put on the bottom, middle, and top.  Tasty!  I don't know why we don't go there more often.  Yeah I do... I'd weigh 50 pounds more.



One of my fave games -- this is the St. Pat's release:)


My Sig

1 comment: