Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Good news -- Ally passed her driver's license test!  Bad news... the rains have been so heavy for a week that police are telling people to stay off the roads unless unavoidable.  Where are you sunshine?  Why can't I find you?!  I guess it's better than a blizzard, though.  Sea World is closed today, and there are floods and mudslides everywhere.  The freeways are very hazardous.  Of course, I still have a little shopping to do for Christmas, so I will venture to the mall today.  Fortunately it's very close to work and, besides, it is unavoidable... I MUST SHOP!

Ally had to take her test in the rain as well.  She said it only rains two days a year, and it had to rain during her test!  I said, well maybe they will be more lenient with you...

Our roof is also leaking.  Fortunately that's the HOA's responsibility.  It is not too bad yet, a couple water stains on our master bedroom ceiling.  Same thing that happened in Ally's room last year.  The HOA fixed the roof that time, but fiddled around so long with the inside ceiling repair, we finally had it done when we remodeled her room.  We were scraping the acoustic texture off anyway.

Just a couple days until Christmas.  This has been such a nice Christmas season.  Since the kids are older, there is no much less to do for Christmas.  We still have our traditions, but there is not the school Christmas programs, the church Christmas programs, and so on.  I miss it a little, but not that much!  I am sick with a cold, but hoping it will be gone by Christmas.  Dayquil has been perking me up a little.  That and shopping...

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment