Monday, January 03, 2011

Out With the Old... In With the New

2011 is here... and we finally brought our TV up to date!  The TV we had was one that was passed on from Chris's mom.  I don't think we have ever bought a TV in our lives, except one for our bedroom.  They have always been given to us, even both of the TV's for our kids were given to us.

This is our old TV (probably 15 to 20 years old):


This is our new TV (with the entertainment cabinet Chris put together!):



And the best part -- we still didn't buy one!  We received it as a Christmas gift from a boss!  Now we have high def and are beside ourselves with the difference.

We had a great Christmas and holiday break.  So many blessings.  We also celebrated our 26th anniversary on the 30th.  Went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D and ate at the Cheesecake Factory.

Some of my goals for 2011:  Finish reading through the Bible (I only made it about 2/3 of the way in 2010 -- however I was reading all of the notes in my study Bible at the same time) and lose my last 10 pounds (which goes along with eating healthier and going to the gym).  That's it for me -- I actually hate making New Year's resolutions and especially writing them down.  My mantra is -- don't make 'em, can't break 'em!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment