Friday, January 21, 2011

Hair to Dye For

Amy is the middle of training for her cosmetology license.  She is learning hair, nails, skin, feet, and so on...  I took her the last time I got a haircut so she could watch.  My hair is not fancy, and I haven't changed it in years, but I am particular.  I don't want any hair on my neck or touching my neck.  I don't want it touching my ears.  I want short sideburns, but not thick.  Nothing tapered and fluffly bothering my neck or ears.  Short, short all around and in the back -- top not so much -- so that I don't have to get it cut in two more weeks.  It takes me about one or two minutes to do my hair in the morning.

Amy cut my hair for the first time this weekend -- a great job.  She put some highlights in again, so now I have even more.  I had her make a couple minor adjustments when she was done, and I was happy.  Which is saying a lot, considering if I lose a hairdresser, it takes me awhile to find one I like.  I don't have a photo, might post one when it grows out a bit in a couple weeks.  Amy introduced me to some hair wax, which I really like -- rub a little in and fluff and go!

I asked her if cutting hair was anything like she thought it would be.  She said no, it is so much interpretation and artistry.  People don't normally tell you exactly what they want, and if they do you may have to guess at how to get that result with that person's hair.  She really likes it!

We've been having warm, warm weather.  In the 80's.  I made this fave drink with fat free frozen cool whip and diet orange soda.  I tried to drink and drive, but the whip creme melted enough to make a seal, so had to wait until I got to work and eat it with a spoon... yum!


A recent photo of my girls...


Ally has been released from the boot!  No more cast, walking boot, walking shoe, etc.  She is still supposed to take it easy for a few weeks, but she played volleyball last night for the first time in nine weeks, so I guess she's better.

I took a notary class to renew my commission.  Wow, it's been four years since I took the first one.  Here's me at the class, exhausted from all the learning at the DoubleTree that day.


We are all four going to breakfast in the morning then off to find a PS3 gaming system for our new TV.  We will start at Costco.  The kids are so excited.  I don't know much about the Wii, the X-Box, or the PS3 so I am paranoid.  But Amy did the research, tried her friends' systems, and picked the PS3.  Fine with me, I don't plan to be on it too much (unless they come out with a Harvest Moon game for it)... or unless I get sucked into some bottomless pit of addicition to some time management game which I am known to do...

My Sig

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so beautiful... they look like you! And I think Amy is a fast learner! That's exactly what my friend says and he's done hair for 15 years.

    So excited about your PS3 shopping. I have to tell you that we have an Xbox and love it! Here's the thing, even though the PS3 and Xbox are virtually the same as far as capabilities and games, the PS3 is a better made system. An Xbox *will* die/break sooner or later. BUT! The one thing PS3 doesn't have is Kinect. I encourage you, before you commit to PS3, play with a Kinect. It's amazing! I think your girls would LOVE Dance Central let alone all the sports and workout games they have as well. With the Xbox I like that you can still play traditional video games but still have the option of playing something interactive. Oh ya, and Costco is the place for game consoles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete