Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Which is all we can do in this heat.  Actually it has cooled off to the 70's and is supposed to stay cooler for the rest of the week.  We went to see Christmas lights and visit the local tree farm -- with the windows rolled down!  That's a first.  What's not a first is me falling flat on my back.  Yep, stepped in a hole (more like a trench) at the tree farm and fell down.  Wasn't injured and laughing so hard I could barely get up.  I was holding Ally's nice camera at the time.  I didn't drop it, but it did get a lens error and quit working.  But later at home I was able to fix it by getting tips online.

Chris and Connie at the tree farm



Amy and Ally



We watched Christmas Vacation this weekend, too.  A classic -- doesn't everyone have a Cousin Eddie?

Felt a couple earthquakes this week.  One was a 4.9 in Baja that woke me up at 5 a.m.  I was making the bed when I got up and found a bullet and full cartridge in the bed with me.  Guess that's better than rolling over on a gun in the middle of the night.  I guess Chris was protecting me even while at work.  Although I don't know what I would do -- throw the cartridge at a robber's eye?

We saw Red at the movies last week.  Very fun movie.  There was only one other couple in the theater... we (Chris, Ally, and I) almost had it to ourselves!  We will probably see a couple more movies over the holidays... Narnia and Harry Potter is on my list.

Got my Christmas cards mailed out, and tonight I will box up candies to send out.

Ally went to the doctor again last night.  This is the fourth set of xrays.  Her bone is healing, but since it was so many fractures, and because it is the big toe, they said we have to be extra careful.  They gave her a wooden walking shoe and she is to alternate between that and the boot however she wants for another MONTH!  Back in two weeks for more xrays.  Ugh -- when will it be over?  But we must focus on the good -- no surgery needed, no more crutches unless she feels she needs them, and no cast.

Got some shopping finished up this week... not buying much since we all agreed to get a big screen TV.  Will most likely get that at Costco next week.  Can't wait!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment