Friday, December 17, 2010

Just For Me

There are two sacred things to me on this earth that have nothing to do with my work, church, or family -- it's just for me.  If you know me at all I am sure you already guessed the one -- Starbucks!  It's not just their delish drinks and the fact that they make lots of them "light" or "skinny" -- it's the whole atmosphere of the Starbucks store... kinda like a get-away or a sanctuary to me.  Somewhere I can read, catch up on email and Facebook, study, play games on my iPad... whatever I want!

The other is playing volleyball.  I'm no professional, but I can hold my own and have a blast.  It's a bonus that Ally loves it too -- but I'd do it without her too, and she knows it:)  Don't mess with my Thursday nights.  We had a great player and friend from Brazil join us this past year while he (Israel) was working in the US.  He flies back on Saturday -- we will miss those good times.

Israel and Ally


Some of the peeps I play volleyball with each week


I finally had enough pics to finish this scrapbooking page

We have lots of packages around the house this time of year... which the cats love.  They also love eating the icicle tinsle thingies off the tree, so we had to pull those off the bottom two feet of the tree.


Made up about 15 boxes of my home made candies this week and shipped 8 boxes.  My friend Lory in Pennsylvania said she got hers today... and they arrived in good shape.   I have about 10 more boxes to make up before Christmas... good thing I love doing it!  And good thing I love making them more than I love eating them!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment