Monday, December 06, 2010

Cause for Celebration!


We are celebrating for several reasons... other than Christmas!

It was looking like Ally was going to have surgery after all on her foot, but when they removed the cast to take a third and final set of unobstucted x-rays, it turned out the reason it looked like her bones had moved was because of the angle the second set of x-rays was taken at. So no surgery after all -- and she now has a walking boot (and crutches if she needs them) for another 4 weeks or so. We were very happy about that!

I am also celebrating because, after all my doctor appointments, sleep class, and monitoring, I was diagnosed as apnea-free! Which means, I do not stop breathing in my sleep, and I do not need a machine to assist me breathing at night. WOO HOO! My nasal spray is helping with my snoring, but if it doesn't clear up to suit Chris, I will go back to the doctor to have a camera inserted, I guess into my nasal passages, to see what is going on.

I started making all kinds of Christmas goodies... loving it! We made sugar cookies, dipped in chocolate, and then used what are called chocolate transfer sheets to add the designs to the cookes. So fun and cute!


We got the tree up and decorated yesterday... that's it, I will have to finish putting up the other Christmas things during this week. This is the last year for a pre-lit tree. We have had too many issues with the lights shorting out. There is a trick branch this year -- if the lights go out in a certain section, I have to wiggle the branch. HA HA. Two other sections are out, and we haven't been able to replace bulbs with any results. I strung an extra set of lights on to get us through this year -- shopping for a new tree on December 26, for half off!



Rodney Reindeer has been in our family for many, many years. Amy cried when we put him away with the Christmas stuff when she was little. He is the last thing to go in the tree each year.



Amy practiced some highlights on my hair. I really like them, I think I look younger... maybe even in my thirties... ha!




I did a couple scrapbook pages recently also.


The kitties waiting for breakfast.



I am sure we will be busier and busier in the next few weeks, but will try to find time to post. I am off the week between Christmas and New Year's... yippee!


My Sig

1 comment: