Tuesday, November 30, 2010

'Tis the Season (to be Freezin')

Hello Winter!

Yes, it's been below freezing at night here... some people think San Diego is tropical all year, well we live far enough inland that it gets cooooold at night! Better than 100 degrees though!

We did make it to Sedona for the Thanksgiving holiday. We stayed in my friend Thelma's new house. Gorgeous two story house with great views, a wrap around deck, and we had the entire downstairs as living quarters. Ally got a walking shoe on her cast, so she still had to use crutches for things like shopping, but was able to hobble around the house with the cast and shoe on. Tonight she goes to the doctor again, hopefully to get a full-on walking cast.


I found these glass candies for my collection at an antique shop in Cottonwood.


We ate twice at Cracker Barrel while in Arizona. We don't have those in California -- they are a MUST VISIT while out of state. Had chicken friend steak (shared with Ally) once and the french toast (shared with Chris) in Yuma on the way back. I picked up a big jar candle in their shop and went to put it back while holding onto the lid (not advisable), and the whole thing shattered on the floor just missing Ally's toe in her cast! She would only let me hold the sock monkey after that. I love these from their candy shop. I ate these all the time when I was little, but can rarely find them now. I haven't mastered the marshmallow filling technique yet, so I can't make these myself... but someday! They have a little coconut on the top mixed in with the chocolate, so Chris won't eat them. MWAH HA HA!


Weight Watcher's has revamped their entire program. More points are allowed, more activity points are earned, but some foods (less healthy) have more points that before. However, all fruit is now zero points, so I am loading up!


Looking forward to decorating this weekend for Christmas!
My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment