Monday, November 15, 2010

Tough Break


Aaaaahhhhh... good news, Amy is on the mend. Bad news, Ally has broken her left big toe in at least three places. It's pretty much shattered, and we meet with orthopedics in the morning to determine if it will be casted or needs surgery. The pieces are pretty much in place, so the general practioner who looked at it says it might not need surgery, so we are praying for that!

Tigger is happy that Amy lays around all day...


So far, we are still planning to be in Sedona for T-Day. We got two new tires on the Civic and will have the oil and transmission fluid changed this week. Ally will come along on crutches -- that is the plan so far.

Amy was able to come with me to Wal-Mart just to get out of the house. It was her first time out in eight days. We also went to Bob's Big Boy for soup and ice cream, but the soup was too spicy, and she ended up getting salmon instead. I expect she will be back at work and school by the end of the week.

I scanned some pics for posting on Facebook for Veteran's Day. Good memories!

1987/88 just after I got out of the Navy, I was still in the Reserves...

I think 1984, I was 18 or just turned 19 at the time. This is my farewell, leaving Norfolk to join my new hubby in San Diego.

Me and my dad, 1988

1988 Wharton, Ohio -- big time Memorial Day parade.

And I made these candies which had cranberries and crisped rice in them.

I made my first attempt at biscotti also and was it fabulous!


After waiting eight months trying to find just the right corner cabinet with just the right measurements (or close to it), I finally found one on Craig's List. This now sits at the bottom of my stairway. Hurray!


Chris was able to come play volleyball with us for a couple hours on Thursday, and some of us went out to Coco's after... a great time! I am probably best at setting. I rarely miss a serve (underhand), but hitting and spiking, yeah, not my forte -- I usually just bump it over if it's third hit and try for the back lines...

A crazy week and each week gets crazier than the one before!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment