Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Time Heals All Wounds...


But how MUCH time? Amy had her tonsils out, the surgery went fine, but the recovery is a pain in the neck:P She did fine the first day and a half, then couldn't keep anything down for about a day and a half. No pain meds or food. We were one vomit away from going to the ER, when she started keeping things down. We had been in touch with the advice nurses, and we had to stop the Vicodin. I don't think her stomach could take it. So she has been on just liquid extra-strength Tylenol which isn't helping the pain totally, but she is struggling through. They said she should feel a bit better each day, but Amy says she's feels as bad as she did the first day (five days ago) and every time the Tylenol wears off, she has a bad headache in addition to the throat pain. I think throwing everything up set her back. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon. Don't read this next line if you don't like gross things: Her throat and uvula are totally swollen, covered with a thick milky substance and scabs. Yeah, it's gross, I will barely look at it, but I have to to make sure it doesn't get worse. Oh, and it was only after the prayers of family and my Facebook friends that she started keeping anything down. PTL! I waited on Amy hand and foot for three days, went searching for liquid Tylenol at 4 a.m., etc. and was sooo tired, missed some work, but finally got a good night's sleep last night. Ah, the joy! She has actually kept down some mashed potatoes and soup.

Before surgery

After (she posed for this)


On the way out (all dugged up on Morphine, Vicodin, and Percoset)

There are SOME benefits!



The weather here was so hot, over 100 for three days straight, in NOVEMBER! We set some records, but thankfully it is cool now, I even wore a jacket today. Woo hoo!

We voted last week, but is California ever going to be anything but a debt-ridden liberal hell hole? One of the few good results is that everyone in charge can't smoke pot legally. This is MY blog, and I can rant here if I want to!

Ally and I were in Petco the other day when it got robbed. Okay, well not at gun-point, but some guy tried to sneak out a backpack full of stuff, and one of the female employees, who looked like a bailiff from an Amazon prison was yelling at him, and when he denied taking anything, she grabbed his backpack and ripped the top off, and merchandise went flying. All this happened right in front of me, but I am so oblivious that Ally had to fill me in on what exactly happened. All I wanted to know was why weren't there any cashiers up front to check me out... ha ha! As I walked by the lady on the way out, I said "I paid for these worms." Hee hee. (Live wax worms for our fire belly toad, by the way.)

Ally was driving on our street and said, "Something isn't right." Yeah, we had a flat tire. I mean totally flat as in driving on the rim. We switched drivers, and I pulled into a parking lot near our house. I walked home and woke Chris up. In the meantime some lady had come over and started going to town on our car... turns out she was really nice and trying help, which was good, since for some reason our lug nut wrench and crow bar were missing. All we had were the tire and the jack (with no handle). What a hoot. I guess it's because I never pay any attention to what's in the trunk and just call AAA, but since it was right by the house, and I didn't want to be too late to Bible study, I got Chris. We tried to show Ally how to change a tire, but seriously, it took all of Chris' strength to get those lugnuts to turn... how could we poor young ladies even think of doing such a thing?!?!?!?! This is our third flat recently on our cars, we keep picking up nails and screws, not sure if it's the highway being built close to our house, or if it's from Chris driving down the God-forsaken roads at the airport he flies out of near the border. Discount Tire repairs them all for free since we paid $5 on each tire for road protection.

All we could find in the way of tire changing tools besides the partial jack was this little tiny hammer in with the tire. What in the world?! We laughed our heads off at that.



So, of course, the spare tire was barely inflated, so we took Chris with us to show Ally how to check tire pressure and put air in the tire, and she did great. I, of course, didn't realize how low the tire was and scraped the car a couple times going over dips. Oh, and to top off the comedy session, I washed my hands in Propel (yeah, the drink) and then hand sanitizer. Fortunately I had a plate of chocolates I had made for Bible study, so I gave them to the nice lady and her boyfriend who helped us. He even told us we could keep the lug nut wrench since we didn't have one. Is that even what it's called? Well, that's what I named it.


Anyway, in regard to Amy's health, I am encouraged by these words... "This, too, shall pass."

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment