Monday, January 04, 2010

Does It Get Any Better Than This?!


Finally getting a chance to post post-Christmas! The kids were excited about Christmas morning. I said no getting up until after 7 a.m. I had visions of them getting up at 4 a.m. Turns out, they finally rolled out of bed about 10:30 a.m., and I was up at 6:45 a.m. to finish things up! I cooked prime rib steaks, scalloped corn, rolls, potatoes and gravy -- Ally said she thinks it was the best meal I ever made. I do better when I don't try to make 10 things! Santa was good to everyone. My Bible still hasn't arrived yet, got half my money refunded, and it should be there this week.





We went on vacation to Sedona, Arizona to visit friends Frank and Thelma. Chris and I celebrated our 25 year anniversary while we were there, and renewed our vows. I forgot how beautiful it is there... we went ATV'ing, bowling, and toured Antelope Canyon in Page. It was pretty cold, especially at the canyon, but we survived. So many pics, I tried to just select a few. Glad Ally had her new camera, most of my pics blurred in the low light at the canyon. The canyon is called a slot canyon and it started out as a crack in petrified sand. It floods and the rushing water carves the walls. It is one of the most amazing things in nature I have ever seen.

Of course, had to eat at Cracker Barrel in Yuma on the way back. Loved using our GPS to get around. I dropped my phone and busted the front screen. It still works and and the inside screen is okay, but I'll have to get it replaced. I have insurance on it.
After all those activities, plus volleyball, I injured my back lifting the last box of Christmas decorations. Well, at least they are done. Have been taking pain killers and using my hot rice bag... a lifesaver! Missed church on Sunday and stayed on the couch for the better part of two days -- I think I'm on the mend now. We were glad to get back to warmer weather, it's been almost 80 degrees for the last couple days.

Finished reading through the Bible on December 31 -- now just waiting for my new one to start again! Ally's friend Bree came over on New Year's, we played games, popped balloons, made noise, and drank Martinelli's.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment