Friday, January 15, 2010

Nothin' But Blue Skies...


... it's been beautiful here, but rain is on the way! Supposed to be a lot of rain coming in for the weekend... just in time for the Charger's play off game. Should be interesting!

Ally's at her friends for the night, Chris is at work, Amy's out with friends and I have the night to myself. What have I done? Watched a movie, did the dishes, played on the computer, and had an awesome time of prayer and Bible reading! Even caught up a couple days of reading -- since I was a week behind with all the delays getting my new Bible.

My mom's coming in February, this weekend will be spent cleaning the downstairs. I took Monday off and plan to clean more then. Even though it's a holiday for the kids and government, I have to take it as an unpaid holiday. I get Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day paid, so I'm not complaining -- especially with all the other perks I have at my job. I could even work Monday and get paid if I wanted. I do work Veteran's Day and Columbus Day, oh and Ground Hog Day -- ha, just kidding there -- that's a paid holiday -- kidding again!

My back is doing fine. I played volleyball Thursday. Felt a couple twitches, but tried to take it easy. I haven't been to the gym since before Christmas! Ally's schedule now gets her out of school the same time I get off work, so I can't go to the gym before getting her. Then I run her home, and boy am I not motivated after being at home! Gotta figure something out soon though.

Today at work I had an $18,000 depost in my hot little hand. I was preparing to go to the bank, cleaning up my desk, shredding some trash, yaddah yaddah. Then I can't find the deposit. Talk about my heart stopping. As I head back to the shredder all I can do is pray "Oh, God." "Oh, God." I look through the shredder, and I see some yellow paper, which is what part of the deposit slip looks like. But then I realize it's not the deposit slip -- took awhile to see since it was cross-shredded. Anyway I retrace my steps for the last five minutes and I found the deposit in the trash can. My boss didn't really think it was funny -- go figure. HA HA. Of course, I didn't think it was funny until I found it. I could just see myself calling those customers and telling them I needed new checks because I shredded them.

So, as I was having my prayer time today, of course, I am praying for Haiti and I am praying out loud since I am by myself and I just start crying and praying that if there are people who can't be reached by the rescuers that God would reveal Himself to them somehow, so they can know Him. And if they are rescued that He would receive the glory and that others would come to know Him through this tragedy. I also realize daily just how blessed we are in this country and just how personally blessed my family is and I am. How God has placed his protection around my family and we haven't dealt with serious illness, job losses, financial strains... and the list goes on. I never want to take that for granted and I realize it could be gone in an instant... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I am reading in Job right now:) I love a blog where I can post whatever I want and not care what anyone thinks, because you know what, you don't HAVE to read it! Okay, back to reality -- wait, that was reality...

I'm all caught up on my scrapbooking -- did all these this week! Just have to print them and get them into my latest book. I counted my photo albums and I have 14!













Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment