Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Ally


A busy, busy week -- just haven't had time to post.

It was Ally's birthday on the 5th. See the bottom of this page for the slideshow. It was cold, windy, and half her friends were sick, but we had fun at Santee Lakes -- barbecued, fed the ducks, rented pedal boats, and so on.
We also attended the wedding of our Youth Pastor down at the harbor. Congratulations Mike and Denise. Saw a huge fire ball from a car wreck on the way back, but never found out any details from the news.


We have the DVR hooked up -- I watched the Charger game in 1.5 hours. Wow, saved two hours by cutting out all the commercial breaks, etc. AWESOME! The game wasn't awesome, just the DVR.

What is up with David Letterman? First no apology or remorse, then just an apology for what the staff has had to put up with. Did he not think his wife would be upset?! Really bugs me that his audience acted like he was a hero -- I could go on here for hours, but I will move on -- grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Trying to cut to the basics so my post is not so long. Here's some of my fall decor... I love these pumpkin candle houses and the eggplant. Haven't been able to find any more that I really like.

Here's a pic of a plate that Chris' great grandmother painted in 1898. It hangs above our fire place. Very professional.

Overslept today -- musta turned off my alarm. But the extra hour was nice! Breakfast was late -- it was an Amish casserole with shredded potatoes, cottage cheese, cheese, bacon, and onions. Very good -- tomorrow it's poppy seed muffins (no not from scratch, but definitely easier!). Thursday it's baked oatmeal over apple filling. Haven't tried that one yet.

Chris and I are planning a weekend away in a couple weeks. Haven't gotten away, just the two of us, in forever -- at least a year!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment