Saturday, October 17, 2009

Batter Up!


No, that title is not because I'm watching the playoffs (I told Chris I'll watch the World Series, that's my limit unless the Padres are in the playoffs -- dream on!), but because of the weird pancakes I made today. It's a German pancake recipe I got from a friend. Kinda bland, but perked up with syrup.

I also made these strawberries for Ally's cross country team party today... they barely made it out the door, we all kept trying to eat them. Chris wants to take some to work tomorrow, so I will make some more... if I must:)

It has gotten hot again -- a couple days over 90 -- boo hoo I thought fall was here. Today I registered for the National Marrow Donor Program. A lady from the church I play volleyball at headed it up, and I figured it would be a nice thing to do. All they do is have you swab the inside of your cheek. Very easy. Only one in two hundred people actually ends up as a donor. I will be in the registry until I'm 61 -- that's the age limit.

Amy lost $50 this week -- she put it in her pocket. I did have to say, "How many times have I told you..." She was upset at first, but got over it. She was going to get her nails done, but had to cancel. Then she found a lady who will do her nails for half the cost she's been paying, so she said it was all good.

This week was Boss's Day and I made some caramels and peanut butter filled chocolates. Plus my new found talent -- caramel apples. The apple was a big hit. Made some extras for Amy's boss at Burger King. Amy said her boss about started crying, no one else had remembered.


Ally is over at Bree's house. Her parents go to a friend's house to play poker on Saturday nights, so Ally and Bree go and watch movies and eat munchies. She said it goes really late... I am picking them up for church in the morning. Hopefully they get up!

Had a hard time getting motivated to do anything today... but finally got it in gear, put together some scrapbook pages I had already printed, made some phone calls for the church, did the dishes... that's about it.

REALLY looking forward to Catalina next weekend!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment