Monday, May 02, 2011

Happy May Day!

May is a great month!  Not only is spring well under way and the weather warming up, but I also get to celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday.  Woo hoo!  And now we are kicking off the month celebrating liberty and the end of Osama bin Laden.  Wow, did it really take ten years to get rid of him?  I am sure there is lots more work to be done, but for now... "Let Freedom Ring!"  Since I'm feeling so patriotic, here's a photo of me and my dad taken in 1988.


I actually have some mixed feelings about Osama's death (am I the only one?).  Yes, he deserved it, and so much more.  Yes, he led a terrorist group killing innocents all over the world.  But it's my belief that he will burn in hell for eternity and a part of me feels bad for that.  I mean, Jesus loved him too, and it's His desire that none should perish but all should come to eternal life.

Justice must be served, I'm just glad I'm not the one responsible for handing out justice.  I deserve death also, but thank the Lord I know Him as my Savior!

My Sig

1 comment:

  1. LOVED THIS! The picture is great and I love what you said about Jesus loving him too and how we are all deserving of death. A friend on FB put this: While the effort to end bin Laden was very much a team effort, I just want to say to the American defender that took the fatal shot...you have a heavy burden to carry for the rest of your life that you will never be able to acknowledge publicly...so for the record you did the right thing and we thank you...you are a true hero...

    ReplyDelete