Friday, May 13, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

What kind of blogger would I be if I only posted the good?  Kinda like those Christmas letters we receive each year in which no one in the family has done anything wrong all year:)

This has been the worst week of my life.  It's all relative of course, and I might have worse days in the future.  My 21 year old got a DUI late on Saturday, early Sunday.  This was Mother's Day.  So I get woke up early, early Sunday morning and my hubby and I spent Mother's Day at the bondsman and the jail bailing her out.  She, of course, is soooo sorry and is going to change her ways.  Time will tell, time will tell.  Next time, we leave her in jail, and she knows it.

The Good:

No one was injured.
The car turned out not to be totaled.
She kept her job after almost being suspended for not showing up (it was later made known that we had stopped by her job to inform them of the accident and that she had stopped by later that day).
At least she was 21.

The Bad:

DUI
Small amount of marijuana found in the car, which "of course" was not hers (not arrestable, but could be a charge later).
Wrecked my Honda Odyssey.
Hit a Jeep Patriot (no one was in it).
Will have a restricted license (to and from work and school only).
$320 to get my car out of impound.
$250 for bail.
iPhone stolen or lost somewhere along the way ($200 for insured replacement which is refurbished).
$500 insurance deductible (car had $5,000 in damage which I thought would total it since it's 8 years old).
Insurance rates will at least triple and she will have to be dropped from ours.
Fines from court, probably $2,000 (payments are available).
She will have to attend classes on top of her school and work (which is actually good).

The Ugly:



I am also thankful to my cop friend, sheriff friend, and insurance friend who helped guide us through what to expect and what will come.  Also, I'm not as hard on myself as I once would have been.  In the last 10 years, I have become much less judgmental of others than I once was.  Having teenagers and friends with teenagers taught me that even when kids are raised "right" (another relative term), they utimately make their own choices.  We can only pray the choices will be good ones.  'nuff said.

Tomorrow we celebrate our rescheduled Mother's Day!  My kid's knew enough not to wish it to me that day.

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment