Monday, August 09, 2010

A Step Back in Time


Here is a photo from 1913 of school students from my hometown of Wharton, Ohio -- Big Oak School. The interesting thing about this is pic is that I have a grandfather and great grandfather in this photo -- from different sides of my family. The man just to the left of the Z is my great grandfather, John Searfoss, on my mother's side. Just under the X is my grandfather Vernon Fulk (my dad's dad). Try to figure this out: John Searfoss's granddaughter Rose Maree Bell (who was my mom's sister) married Vernon Fulk's son Charlie (who was my dad's brother). HA HA -- basically my mom's sister married my dad's brother and somehow I got ripped off an extra aunt and uncle by that happening, and no that's not illegal... LOL! Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see two different ancestors unrelated in the same photo.



Summer's going great -- the comedian was great, we laughed and laughed. Last weekend I attended a Beth Moore retreat on Loving Well. Am I loving people better than I was five years ago? I think so! And I intend to keep at it. We learned in order to love others, we have to accept and refresh ourselves with God's love. We had pointers in loving four types of people... Joy, Testy, Foe, and Far (strangers). A great seminar.


I tried to make rhubarb strawberry jam in my Vitamix, but it turned out more like a spread. Still, it was tasty. Gave a jar to my neighbor, and he hasn't died yet.


My best friend, Thelma, is in town with her hubby, my former boss and pastor, Frank. He is in town on business. They attended church with me on Sunday and Pastor Frank and Pastor Steve (my current pastor) led the church in singing Victory in Jesus impromptu at the end of the service. A great time, a great service, a great day! We are hanging out off and on all week. They leave on Friday. Oh and the best quote I've heard in a long time came out of the sermon Sunday: "If you are a Christian, this earth is the closest you'll ever get to hell. If you are not a Christian, this earth is the closest you'll ever get to heaven." Love that saying.


I am still reading through the Bible this year for the second time, although I am about a week behind... maybe I'll catch up on the cruise. HA HA HA HA HA! Well, I can dream. I took this pic to prove to a friend that I was not just goofing off at Starbucks!


Took a couple of Ally's friends to Bob's Big Boy. I think this pic says it all.


Ally will head to camp for a few days on Thursday. Thelma and I plan to have lunch with Amy on her school break tomorrow evening. Amy will be "out on the floor" starting September 17, which means the book part of her cosmetology school will be over for the most part and the next year will be spent "hands-on." I am looking forward to getting some special treatment from her.

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment