Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Slip Slidin' Away...


Summer's slippin' away, and I haven't even made it to the beach once! Of course, it hasn't been that hot here, so I haven't been tempted to head west to cool off. Some schools have started already here, but Ally doesn't go back until after Labor Day.

Frank and Thel were in town for a week while Frank did his church plant thing. So we hung out with them off and on all week. A great time. We had brunch at the Brigantine, and I didn't notice for a week that I left my credit card there. Wasn't even for sure that's where it was. I don't use it often, so was happy to notice it missing before we needed it for our cruise. We have to give a credit card for "incidentals." Yeah, I know about those incidentals --they can add up fast! Thelma bought me my first pedicure when she was here... check it out! Oh, and Tigger liked it, too.


We watched their dog, Kiwi, while they were in town. Kiwi would bring over each peice of food to the couch and then eat it. Tigger just tolerates her... notice the laid back ears.



Chris and I headed east away from the city to watch the meteor shower last week. We watched from midnight to 2 a.m. Now he's usually up anyway during that timeframe. Yeah, me -- I was tired at work the next day. But saw lots of meteors, especially through his night vision goggles. I saw the biggest meteor I had ever seen! Lit up all around, and the tail stayed visible for about 15 seconds. Really cool!

Had my vision exam this week. It had been two years. My left eye got a little worse, so new prescriptions, and now I have to be careful which contact goes into which eye, because they don't match anymore. No bifocals or reading glasses necessary yet. Although I do wear reading glasses occasionally when reading my Bible, which has pretty small print.

I made homemade spaghetti sauce in my Vitamix blender. It was just okay. It called for 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and two tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Seemed to be tart to me, with too much vinegar. Added a stick of butter and zillion calories and it tasted much better. I have another recipe to try that has a lot more tomato and a lot less weird stuff. I'll try that next. I also found out that Starbucks uses Vitamix brand blenders. I am going to have to try to concoct a caffee vanilla light frap in my blender. Maybe I can find some starting recipes online.

Ally had a great time at camp. She went horseback riding, and they had a lot of God moments. She was sharing stories with me last night as we went through her photos and had me in tears laughing. Youth camp is so important to me. That's where I accepted Christ as a teenager, and I know God does wonderful things at these camps.


Had dinner with Amy at her cosmetology school last week. She keeps a head in a locker... ha ha. I am going to try to get over there for her break once a week and eat with her. I rarely see her these days.

Started a packing list for the upcoming cruise, and have read so much online, I should know everything there is to know about cruising to Alaska. Looking forward to eating some crab, shrimp, and salmon right out of the ocean. Well, okay not crab because crabbing season is in the winter, so the crab might be thawed from frozen... but who am I to complain, besides I'll be eating the shrimp!

Oh and one last post... love this pic of a painting one of my friends shared... can't believe it is a PAINTING!


My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment