Monday, August 23, 2010

Anchors Aweigh!


Wanted to post one last time before we head to our Alaskan cruise. I won't be posting here during the cruise, but will try to post pics and status on Facebook when we are in ports. We have a few days before we head up, so trying to keep up on work and get to packing. We spend one night in Seattle and have reservations to eat atop the Space Needle in the SkyHigh restaurant there. The temps here have been over 100 for about a week now, and continuing until this weekend, so we are also looking forward to some cooler temps. Lots of rain up there in the forecast too, but we are prepared.

Had a craving for these last night, so Ally drove me to one of the two remaining Krispy Kreme stores still in San Diego.


Tigger is just so adorable I can't stand it.



I found an old photo of my kitchen... wow what a difference a year makes. Ha ha, it took at least that long to get all this done. Since I work for a general contractor, I really had to only pay for the appliances, counter, floor, sink, etc. Most of the labor was done for free. I spent about $4,000 on this remodel and usually it's two to three thousand just for the cabinet work. They practiced a new staining technique on my cabinets, so that was at no cost to me. I still plan to have my light box taken out and can lights put in. LOVE IT! It's a rather small kitchen, but the way I look at it is -- LESS TO CLEAN!




While Ally was away at camp I actually spent almost three whole days doing absolutely nothing. Slept in, read about four books, watched TV. WOW -- it was great, hadn't done that in a long time. See ya in a few weeks:)


My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment