Monday, March 01, 2010

Drivers Beware

Watch out... it won't be long now until Ally is out zipping around on the roads! My little baby's enrolled in Driver's Ed. She will be able to get her permit next month... help us all!



I still have no floor and no stove... I've been creative (as in eating out mostly... ha!). The two things I miss the most are pasta and frying an egg! But we've been using the microwave, toaster oven, and crockpot. However, I fixed two meals to take to two different families after surgeries, and Chris cried because he could smell the great meals all day long only to be told, hands off -- those are for someone else. So today I will get the stuff to make him a pot roast and veggies and will cook it tomorrow while I'm at work.

It rained like nothing I've seen here on Saturday. My raised patio was flooding and my sidewalks out front. Even had some thunder and lightning. I turned off the computers just in case, and it soon let up some. Sunday the sun was beaming down like nothing had happened. I'm just glad it's liquid and not snow!

I only gained a couple pounds while mom was out -- this week it's back to the gym. I've been eating good -- of course, I can't cook so that figures... While mom was out we watched a lot of the Olympics. After she left I watched a few more nights and then last night the closing ceremonies. I even watched the gold medal hockey game on Sunday. Too bad the USA lost, but I was happy that Canada won since they were the host. Here's a pic of Amy and her friend Gabe at Peohe's restaurant in Coronado. One good thing is -- I never have to worry about what I look like when Gabe's with us. No one's going to be looking at me anyway. It's hilarious to see people nudging each other and looking and judging us... I would never do that (wink).

I didn't feel good Saturday at all and I had so much to do! I think the Lord gave me a window of three hours where I felt pretty good -- I was able to come into work for an hour and to run the most important errands I had to do. My opinion is that it's all the iron I've been taking causing disruptions in my system! I stopped taking iron pills for a few days.

Chris left for work the other night and I was sitting on the couch watching the Olympics and using the laptop. Tigger brought down at least a dozen pieces of clothing from upstairs and laid them in the living room for me. I left them there all night so Chris could see. Maybe Tigger missed Gramsy and then when Chris left for work he couldn't take it anymore... maybe next time I post, I'll have a photo of my completed kitchen! One can hope.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment