Monday, March 08, 2010

Believe in the Bunny!


I've started practicing making Easter candy... lots of ideas in my little brain... and a few St. Pat's candies thrown in also (hazelnut chocolate filling).

Making bon bons...
Fill mold
Set briefly, drain mold
Scrape
Fill shells
Top with chocolate then freeze briefly

Wah-lah!


Making a large hollow easter egg...
Pour

Clip and turn
Freeze briefly
Unmold
Trim
Box
Also made some pecan turtles...


Chris and I had a date dinner at On the Border then hung out at Borders bookstore for awhile after. Very fun, hadn't been out in awhile.

Ally and I made time for some sushi. Two of my faves, California Roll and Shrimp Tempura Roll. Ally also had soft shell crab and shrimp tempura. Tasty!


I am back in ice skating classes again. Ally is going to take a couple videos of me doing my thing (which isn't much), and I will post them when I get a chance.

It's raining again. It's rained six out of the last eight weekends. Don't really mind though. Kinda like it.

My Bible print has been shrinking lately, especially if I don't have a bright light beaming down on it, so I purchased a pair of magnifying reading glasses and a book light and that has helped.

My floor won't be in now for ANOTHER week. The guys from work are installing my new stove and micro tomorrow. I can't wait any longer, I've been without a stove for three weeks. Will post pics of that soon hopefully.

Also in preparation for Easter our church is hosting an art exhibit called The Cross Project http://www.ecwesleyan.com/images/stories/pdf/cross_project_flyer_website_tag.pdf. Mom is sending an entry from Ohio and Ally is going to do a photography exhibit. Should be fun.

My Sig

1 comment: