Friday, July 16, 2010

10 Things I Love About Summer


There are SOME things I don't like about the hot summer... but today I choose to focus on what I love...

1) Sleeping in later because no rides or breakfasts needed for school.

2) More free time because there's a break from homework, weekday Bible study, ice skating lessons, etc. etc.

3) No need to grab a jacket every day and make sure I have it at all times (I get cold easily).

4) More reason to visit Starbucks!

5) Busy season at work (I like being busy at work, it makes time fly).

6) No payments for Christian school. WOOT!

7) We have time to use our passes, this year to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and San Diego Wild Animal Park.

8) Looking forward to good times visiting Coronado and the beaches. Although I don't really like swimming in the ocean, I like visiting the coast, where the temps are up to 20 degrees cooler.

9) Vacation time! Like our upcoming Alaskan Cruise next month!

10) And finally, getting to see friends and family who visit from out of state during their vacations.

I was right in my last post -- the hot weather was a'comin... and now it's here. It's been over 100 degrees for the last few days. I thank God for air conditioning, ice cubes, and my new refrigerator! I finally broke out the shorts for the summer. Another nice thing is I can wear shorts to work if I want. I only wear them when the temp is getting up near 100. Don't judge me, I self-tan my legs. Trust me, no one would be seeing them if I didn't. LOL!


Not only did we have hot temps yesterday, but had some crazy thunderstorms lurking around and about. Rain, lightning, and thunder! Didn't cool anything off, though -- but the evening ended with this glorious sunset.

My Sig

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this... I love lists!! And you have a good one for Summer. I agree, especially with #4. ;) I just love that picture too, oh, the one of the sunset is nice too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...look at that new floor!!! pretty sharp! Guess who?

    ReplyDelete