Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quick Trip to Ohio

I flew to Ohio for five days (two of them travel days) to be with my mom for her 70th birthday.  It was a lot of fun.  Ate all the food we don't have out here like shredded chicken sandwiches, filled doughnut sticks, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans...  We also ate at The Cheesecake Factory for her birthday dinner.  Yeah, my Weight Watcher points went out the window, but I'm back on track now.


It was COLD -- but not too much below freezing at least.  School was delayed one day and cancelled the other school day, probably due to ice.  Was glad to get back to the 70 and 80 degree weather we've been having here.


I went five days without a Starbucks... must be some kinda record.  The nearest Starbucks to my mom is about 30 miles away I think.  When I spied this sign in the Houston airport, it was like a light shone down from heaven once again.


Signed Ally up for college dorm room at GCU today.  Can't believe she will be there in the fall!  Nooooooo!

We are planning to meet up with my relatives in Phoenix in March for baseball spring training.  I'm getting ready to buy tickets for four games including the Indians, Cubs, White Sox, and Padres.  Fun!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment