Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Long Live The Claw!

Finally got the pin out of my finger.  It hurt when they pulled it out, contrary to what others had been telling me!  I can barely bend the finger at all, and it is shriveled and useless.  I go back in four weeks to see how much of a droop it will have and see how the movement is coming.

No wonder it hurt!


I took The Claw and rebandaged it... thinking about making a tree ornament out of it.


The surgeon said I can play volleyball right away as long as I splint it.  I was so happy at first, but now I am thinking how in the world can I hit a ball with that finger.  I am thinking I will stick to serves and bumps for awhile.  I am grateful to finally have it off -- I can get it wet starting tomorrow and hopefully my little movement exercises will start helping.  That finger still stands straight up while typing and driving!  Good thing it's the pointer finger!

Got the Odyssey back with a new transmission.  So nice, I can't even hear or feel the car shifting gears.  Also got the Civic back from repairs from when the girls got backed into.  I'm sick of dealing with cars and doctors...

We are in full swing with college paperwork and scholarship applications for Ally.  Such an ordeal -- and all of this is just for one college.

Ally and I are off to get massages today -- using my Massage Envy membership.  Mine is "free" (with monthly dues), and additional ones are $50.  Just don't touch the claw finger!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment