Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Furever Friends

We love animals, and we have been members of the zoo for years.  Ally took these shots this weekend.


Rolling around on the warm cement I guess...


Ally touched the bear!


There is a new baby hippo, but we didn't get to see it... well, you can barely see its back near the mama's head.  We waited for awhile, but he wouldn't come out.


We had two girls from the Philippines stay with us this weekend.  They sang at our church on Sunday.  We took lots of photos, but for privacy issues they ask that you not post them on the web or social media sites.  Ally gave up her room for the weekend.  It's nice to see her enjoying helping others.  One thing we learned is that we use more water to flush a toilet one time than people in some countries get all day.  Our girls have sponsors, so they do okay in the Philippines, but they told us their neighbors do not get to take showers because they do not have a sponsor.  We have sponsored several children over the years -- hope you'll consider it, too!

So, we took the girls to the zoo, the beach, our lake, and our hot tub all in one day.  We were exhausted.  They were very polite, neat, and thankful.  Ally said her room was cleaner than when they came!  I know her bed was made better.

Amy sent me these pics while she was at school the other night.



She turns 21 on Friday!  We are going to go to The Melting Pot in La Jolla, which is fondue entrees and chocolate fondue desserts.  Haven't been there before, but looking forward to it.

I finally got my Christmas present from my BFF!  She has started making stained glass pieces.  This one is about a foot in diameter.  Love it!  Now just gotta figure out how to hang it in my window.  I'm scared!


Today, we are off to the DMV since Ally's driver's license hasn't come yet, and her temporary one is about to expire.  I brought my iPad to keep us entertained while we are there.  You never know, could be there 30 minutes, or 3 hours!

My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment