Monday, October 04, 2010

Just the Two of Us...


While Ally was away at her school retreat this past week, Chris and I ventured over to our old stomping grounds in Coronado. This city (island) holds tons of good memories for us from back in our Navy days. You can't beat the tons of white sand and clean beaches. There are always military aircraft in the sky and gorgeous views everywhere. Back in the day, we both were stationed on North Island Naval Air Station (Chris on a ship) on the island. We remember how expensive the houses were there... $200,000 -- HA HA -- why didn't we buy one then?!!!! We also ate at our fave Mexican place over there, Miguels. Tasty!

The famous Hotel Del Coronado...



Okay this next pic was taken in La Jolla, but couldn't resist this cute baby sea lion.


I made these tartlets over the weekend. So tasty -- and this version is low cal and low fat! You could make it using real eggs, cheese, cream cheese, etc. if you want it richer.


My Sig

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Miguels (burst into sobbs). I love every single one of these pictures! You are quite the photographer. And I can't wait to try the tartlet. I tried eating the crustless quiche and I can't do it. This sounds way better.

    ReplyDelete