Sunday, November 08, 2009

Bits and Pieces


Chris and I went to see The Surrogates. Not my kind of movie, but I owed Chris one after making him sit through The Time Traveler's Wife. It was okay, at least it wasn't that scary or bloody. And I did see George Clooney while we were there.

I played volleyball on Thursday night -- I got hit the hardest I ever have by a spiked ball (and that includes a spike in the face that almost knocked me out). It left the seam imprint in my arm for a couple hours, and it's three days later and I can still feel it!

The weather has cooled off nicely, we're enjoying weather in the 70's. There is actually a tree turning color at my work -- ha! Ally's school pics arrived this week -- we just can't keep her from growing up.

Chris told me he's getting a promotion to GS-12 soon at work. Hooray! He's been waiting for that for awhile. He's having a fit about his weight, so I have been making less chocolate and more healthy dishes. Made some crab-stuffed mushrooms a couple times this week and a breakfast hashbrown casserole. Also an angel food and pineapple cake. All low-fat or non-fat recipes. I'm back on track too, and should record another one or two pound loss soon -- woot! I really want to end the holiday season under 150!

We've been busy with parties and goings on all weekend. Here's Ally and her friends (next pic) before going to a semi-formal birthday dinner tonight. Chris and I took them, and another parent is driving the return carpool. Chris took me to Starbucks after, we had a nice time. His days off are so messed up, some new plan that isn't quite working out, we haven't known what his days off are until sometimes the day before! Once this week he went all the way to Imperial Beach to work, only to find out they changed his schedule and he wasn't even supposed to work. That's the US Government -- oh well, at least there's job security!

Watched the Charges squeak out a win in the last minute against the Giants today and by one point! GO BOLTS!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Our ladies are doing the same thing as yours --- growing into beautiful women!!!

    ReplyDelete