Monday, August 29, 2011

Mr. D (but not Mrs.)

I came to work in the office of Mr. D's almost five years ago.  I was loving staying at home, but not loving the lack of extra cash!  So I made a couple phone calls to friends I knew owned their own businesses and ended up running the office at Mr. D's.  My friend Don owns this small business which does painting and general contracting.  There are so many perks to working here.  Just to list a few... Don is Christian, the office is ten minutes from my house, no traffic, work part time, wear jeans to work, so flexible (just make up the hours whenever I need time off), good pay, I am on my own a good part of each week, and the list goes on.

I do get asked about once a week if I am Mrs. D to which I answer emphatically, NO!
(I am Mrs. C people!  Get with the program.)
Okay, I don't say the last part, but I think it.

We do some painting at Knott's Soak City here in San Diego, and every year we have our company picnic there for employees and their families.  We had a about 80 attend this year.  It's "free" food and fun for the families.  Our kid's each bring a couple friends for free, too.  It was about 100 degrees Saturday, but we didn't notice!


My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment