Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Turleys Everywhere

When Ally was little she called turtles, turleys.  We have called them turleys ever since...

Turley Reef opened at Sea World recently.  Ally had to work, Amy had school, and Chris was sleeping, so I went to Sea World by myself.  Yeah, that's right -- got to go and see whatever I wanted to see -- nice!  It was a member's only preview.  Not too crowded and had a lot of fun.  The exhibit is where the manatees were on exhibit long ago.  Honestly, I expected more after all the hype.  I thought it would be like the shark exhibit where you walk through and they swim over your head and so forth.  It was pretty much just a big aquarium and a ride.  I think there is also some interactive stuff for the kids, but I didn't check that out.  The turtles were cool to look that though... here's some pics.


Much more exciting is this fabulous Italian place that just opened in Santee.  Have eaten there twice, and also met the owner.  This is the first one to open in San Diego... originally from back east, they have some in Los Angeles area, too.  The pasta is great!  The salad was delish -- mine had endive, raspberry vinaigrette, walnuts, goat cheese, and pears.  And the garlic bread was to die for... the only down side is everything is a la carte... but Chris and I shared everything, so it's all good.  Then we took Ally back later, and she loved it, too.  Planning on taking some out of town friends there this weekend as well.


Looking forward to a new Beth Moore series in the fall.  I will be leading this one on Sunday mornings.  Can't wait!


My Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment